This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy here
Last week we had a “staycation” week with our family (celebrating Father’s day and my son’s birthday!). One evening we used our firepit for a fun and simple event in our own backyard. I love simple gatherings that are fun, meaningful and memorable, in fact, I wrote a book called Simple Gatherings for that reason!
For our s’mores night we ordered these s’mores roasting sticks. They were a big hit, so we’ll definitely be using them from now on. They are not only able to extend so you don’t burn your hand, they can be pushed back into shorter sticks which makes it far easier to store them.
I also just ordered this grilling basket for future events. It gives you even more flexibility on what you can put over the flame as it will contain the items within the basket. Now I’m dreaming up all kinds of fun events around the firepit!
Here are a few simple tips to prepare for a fun s’mores night:
- Order or shop for supplies (including your recipe ingredients, roasting sticks, grilling baskets and napkins).
- Traditional s’mores are tasty on their own (graham crackers, marshmallows and dark chocolate), but you can definitely get more creative and make it an even more interesting and interactive experience! Offer other combinations and options like berries, bananas, jams, nut butters, caramel, various candies, waffles, cookies, or even include savory options like cheese, meats, chutneys, crackers, bread, etc.).
- If you have any vegans in your family, you might want to order THESE vegan marshmallows.
- Set out a tray for the s’more options, with items unwrapped and placed in little bowls for easy access.
- Have a surface for people to assemble their s’mores and plates.
- Have chairs and benches for people to sit.
- Set a festive mood with a Bluetooth speaker outside to play music (I have this one which is neat because it splits in two for surround sound).
- Add outdoor string lights around the seating area for a magical look!
Sources (scroll and click links and photos below for details):
Blue Adirondack Chair (many color options)
Blue and White Gingham Paper Napkins (color and pattern options)
Want more gathering inspiration?
Grab my book Simple Gatherings for under $10 HERE!